The Add Entries Window
This window controls the contents of the fields of a Flashcard Wizard Set.
You input information into the fields. Once you have entered the information
for all your entries, you may then review them.
Summary of Window Features: In this window you may enter a comment for
the entry in the comment field, and information for the fields of the entry.
Changes to an entry are only saved when the "OK" button is pressed
and the window closes when either the "Cancel" button is pressed or
"OK" is pressed on a completely empty entry. You may add a picture
by pressing the graphic icon to the right of the first field which will add
a chosen graphic file to the data folder of the set and imbed its name into
the first field for reference.
Each of the features of the window are described in more detail below:
- The comment field in the upper-right hand is optional. Comments can be useful
for indicating difficult entries, noting the source of one's information,
or creating "categories" of entries for later filtering. The pop-up
menu to the right of the Comment field will track your recent entries in the
comment field for easy selection of recent comments. You may also "tab"
through recent comments when you are editing the comment field. Press return
to jump to the first field.
- At the top left there is an indicator showing you what entry number you
are currently editing. To jump to an entry by number, click on the number
and enter the number of the entry you wish to jump to.
- The "Refresh Fonts" button near the top-left is a button which
is useful only for users who are inputting with non-Roman scripts. Due to
problems with font display in Flashcard Wizard and font display in general
with the Macintosh, some users may experience a strange change in font to
their field despite the fact they chosen the correct font for that field upon
creation of the set. Use this button to refresh the fonts.
- Fields 1-3. Depending on your set, you may have two or three fields to enter
information into. You may optionally make the first field a picture by clicking
on the small graphic file icon to the right of the first field. You may "tab"
or "return" through these fields.
- Add Picture Button - Clicking on this button will ask you to locate a pict,
gif, or jpeg file to add to your set. When selected the picture file will
be copied into a "Data" folder for the set, and "Picture: "
+ the name of the file will be put into the first field. Do NOT edit the first
field's contents after a picture has been edited or reference to the file
may be lost.
- Card Set. This field in the bottom-left of the window shows the name of
the current set.
- Go Back. This will go back through the entries but WILL NOT SAVE CHANGES
TO THE CURRENT ENTRY if there are any made.
- Cancel. This will close the Add Entries window and NOT SAVE CHANGES TO THE
- Ok. This button will save changes to the current entry and open either a
blank new entry or the next entry in the set.
- You can use the special paste options in the "Edit" menu to paste
in tab or other delimited material.
Back to Flashcard Wizard Help Page